Get Engaged – Become involved today! Whether it’s taking care of yourself or someone else, or improving your community, Sudbury.News is here to provide the latest information.
Stay Updated – Don’t miss a thing happening in our area! Get local headlines on everything from politics and education to public service alerts and public engagement opportunities.
Find Out What’s Happening – We are here to make sure you’re always informed on what’s happening around town!
Jump To Category
Stay informed with the latest stories from around Sudbury.
Find out what’s happening in Sudbury
- Cambrian nursing prof wins award for education excellenceLaura Killiam given the award by the Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing Read more »
- Sudbury gas at around 150.9 to start the work weekOntario gas price average is 143.6 Read more »
- Girl Guides of Canada announces two potential new names for Brownies programLast month the national organization told members it would be changing the name of the program for girls aged seven and eight because the name has caused harm to racialized Girl Guides Read more »
- Chance of flurries or showers and a high of 1 C for MondayIt's going to be slightly warmer out there than the average Dec. 5 Read more »
- Pending another delay, justice finally coming for robber and stabberSudbury man was released on bail to get his affairs in order before sentencing but failed to return Read more »
- Laurentian University adds four new members to boardNew governors bring experience in education, law, communications and health Read more »
- Shooting survivor objects to firearm coalition's 'disrespectful' sales promotionThe Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights' online shop recently offered 10 per cent off clothing, mugs and other items to customers who used 'POLY' as a promo code Read more »
- New Laurentian interim leaders to be revealed soon: board chairUniversity has been operating this fall with an ‘interim interim’ president after Haché’s departure prior to LU’s CCAA exit, but a longer-term appointment is coming within ‘days, not weeks’ Read more »
- St. Charles school holds ‘cereal’ously good food driveSchool collected 245 boxes of cereal for local food bank, and then set them up like dominoes, showing how acts of kindness can cause a ripple effect Read more »
- North Bay builder fined for damaging turtle habitatThe court has ordered the company to pay $200,000 to the Nature Conservancy of Canada. The money is earmarked for conservation work and the future betterment of Blanding’s Turtles Read more »
- BoC expected to end year off with one more rate increase, likely to pause hikes soonForecasters anticipate the central bank will raise its key interest rate, which is currently at 3.75 per cent, by either a quarter or half a percentage point next week Read more »
- ‘You are not alone,’ says radio host with invisible disabilityInternational Day of Persons breakfast celebrated in Sudbury Read more »
- Sudbury police pull over impaired suspect, find large drug stashTwo people are facing multiple charges as a result of the Dec. 1 incident Read more »
- Wolves fall 3-2 to Owen Sound at home Friday nightThey have another home game against the Niagara IceDogs Sunday afternoon Read more »
- Virtual care platform sees exodus of docs, cut in services after Ontario fee changesThe founder of Rocket Doctor said Friday that the changes mean some patients might find it harder to access care, while the reduction in virtual appointments could place more pressure on an already strained health-care system Read more »
Look around the North
Latest in provincial news!
Check out the latest in Canada news here.
Keep up to date with the latest in Sudbury Here
Leave a comment below.